Sunday, April 19, 2009

Maple Garlic Tempeh Balls, Rice and Cucumbers

I am back...finally! Here we kick off our promise to eat at least 7 servings of fruits/veggies a day. Should not be hard for vegans! With the promise of spring around the corner I cannot wait to start planting my garden this year. My parents built me a raised flower bed last year and I get to break it in this year!

Anyhow...tonight I tried out a new recipe from the Vegan Dad blog for Maple Garlic Tempeh Balls. These turned out amazing! I love the sauce and the tempeh balls stayed together so nicely. The only thing I noticed is that I used Yves tempeh to make these and their product seems to be more beanier (hope you know what I mean). I could not grate it, the tempeh just fell into little pieces of soybeans which was fine but I might try these again with Green Cuisine Tempeh. On the side we had some nice brown basmatti rice with celery and grated carrots mixed in and a green salad with cucumber slices marinated in salt and pepper and apple cider vinegar.

I would definitely recommend making these balls. The sauce will blow you away!

No comments: