Saturday, February 28, 2009

February's Daring Bakers Challenge...Flourless Chocolate Cake


The February 2009 challenge is hosted by Wendy of WMPE's blog and Dharm of Dad ~ Baker & Chef.We have chosen a Chocolate Valentino cake by Chef Wan; a Vanilla Ice Cream recipe from Dharm and a Vanilla Ice Cream recipe from Wendy as the challenge.

I made these into flourless cupcakes for Valentine's Day. The recipe I used was an Alternate Bakers Challenge recipe which was a combination of the Black-Eyed Pea Cake from the amazing BitterSweet blog and a recipe I found floating around on how to make Black Bean Brownies.

Overall I would have to admit that I do not think anyone would miss the flour from these cupckaes. The taste is so rich and fulfilling.

The ice cream I served them with was a plain Vanilla which was amazingly smooth and creamy. The recipe was based on the one found in Veganomicon with a few changes.

I regret to inform that I did have a completed picture for this challenge of both the flourless cupcake and ice cream put together but it accidently got deleted from my camera :( I will certainly be more careful in the near future.
I cannot wait to see next month's challenge!

1 comment:

Sheree' said...

Good job!!! Your cakes are so cute and the ice cream, delicious!