Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day 1...getting use to life without sugar


I have decided to try something a little different and am hoping I have enough motivation to stick to this change. I am trying to cut most sugar out of my diet (and for those of you who know me you know I love my sugar!) This line of cooking follows a lifestyle change called First Line Therapy where you eliminate sugars and eat foods that have lower glycimic index values. First day and so far so good.
Breakfast: oatmeal with blueberries and Almond Milk
Morning Snack: 3 rye crackers with almond butter

Lunch: Butternut Squash soup with a salad (romaine lettuce, artichoke hearts, cucumbers, chickpeas, tomatoes and olives)

Afternoon Snack: Hummus and veggies

Supper: Tofu Stir Fry with Ginger Broccoli, Portabellos and Red Peppers over quinoa.
Let's see what tomorrow brings...

No comments: