Monday, October 12, 2009

Vegan Thanksgiving #5 2009



We celebrated our 5th Annual Vegan Thanksgiving Sunday evening and there was a lot of food to go around. I loved everything this year and we definitely now have staples that will be made each year.
The menu looked something like this:
Tofurky Roast
Baked Brussel Sprouts
Homemade sage Stuffing
Roasted Poatoes done 2 ways (one with Tofurky roast the other in a maple/dijon sauce)
Chesepeake Tempeh Cakes (from Veganomicon)
Homemade cranberry sauce
Homemade Gravy

Everything on my plate! My mom also made me a beautiful birthday cake with crazy candles for my birthday but none of the pictures turned out..:( The cake is gone now in my belly. It was an amazing chocolate cake with raspberries with this amazing creme-caramel sauce on it. It tasted so yummy especially since I did not have to make it myself :)

Needless to say we have enough leftovers for the next week so I will have to find something else to blog about for the next few days.

So what am I thankful for this year...for my amazing family who is so supportive in so many ways. I love my parents and brother so much. I am thankful for change and for hope because sometimes without hope I would just give up. I am thankful for a loving husband, two amazing kitties and great friends.

1 comment:

mollyjade said...

Love that tablecloth!