Friday, March 12, 2010

YoSo Soy Yogourt Review

As a vegan I get very excited over finding new products in the stores which I can eat. I first noticed a new Soy Yogurt on the market a few weeks ago and finally wrote the company this week. I received a quick response back from customer service confirming that all of their products are vegan including this soy yogurt. Well you guessed it...I was over the moon.

I found their soy yogurt at both Vita Health and Price Choppers. They come in 2 different packaging...440ml container and a 6 pack of assorted variety (125ml) each. It was actually cheaper to buy the assortment pack so that is what I did so I could try out all of their varieties. The larger containers were around 4.59 and the 6 pack was 6.99

The soy yogurt comes in Vanilla, Blueberry and Strawberry. Now I have tried my share of soy yogurts in the past but with extremely limited success. Without naming names one was always too sour for my taste and the other was way too gritty and left a weird after taste in my mouth. Well now I have YoSo soy yogurt....

I tried the vanilla yesterday and was impressed with the consistency which was not watery but nice and thick. The small container was perfect for a one size portion and has a lot of good nutrition packed into it. 20% DRI of calcium, 6% DRI of iron plus, omega 3 -polyunsaturates and Chicory Inulin which is a prebiotic.

So...how does it taste? Amazing. It was extremely smooth, creamy and tasted great. The vanilla bean flavour was not overpowering which was perfect. I did not find this yogurt overly sweet either.

I definitely give this yogurt 2 thumbs up and recommend it to vegans out there looking for a good soy yogurt. I cannot wait to try their sour cream and spreadable products next.

1 comment:

Allison, The Busy (Happy!) Vegan said...

I don't always like to get on the product bandwagon, but this yogourt is tried, tested, and LOVED in our house. Our 20-month old requests it at each meal (but only gets it once a day, because it does have sugar, after all!), and I snack on it frequently.