Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Creation Disaster...Samosas to the Rescue




I was really, really, really disapointed that tonight's dinner did not turn out. I tried to veganize a mushroom gougere recipe that turned out to be a disaster. I won't even horrify you with the pictures. This was one of those recipes were the egg substitute I used (flax and water) was no substitute for real eggs. Too bad because in the recipe it looked so good. Oh well, back to the drawing board I guess. I had to make a quick replacement meal so tonight we only had some samosas (from Costco) and leftover salad. Still good but I really wanted the other dish to turn out. I also had tons of carrots in the fridge that were drying up so I made some Carrot and Raison Muffins from Vegan with a Vengeance. They turned out nice and moist and full of flavour thanks to the spices.

No comments: