Sunday, March 22, 2009

Garden Stuffed Chick'n Breasts


I found these new (well new to me) Garden Stuffed Chick'n Breasts at Costco and decided to give them a try. I have seen the regular Garden Chick'n Breasts and while they are okay I do not purchase them very often. I was actually quite impressed with these. They are stuffed with a black bean/corn mixture and come in a flavourful tomato sauce. At 9.99 for 6 Breasts the price is not too bad although the portions are pretty small. I attempted to make Susan's Colcannon Puffs from Fat Free Vegan Kitchen. I used the handheld immersion blender on the kale which pureed it and I think that is where it went wrong. For my attempt I give these a 1 for presentation because they looked just like blobs of green mush but 10 for taste. I would make these again in a heart beat. The kale tastes good paired with the potatoes and it was super simple to make.




No comments: