Friday, October 31, 2008

Am I a bad Vegan cause I hate peas?

I promise I love other green veggies but I hate peas. Brussel sprouts are my favourite always have been. I think it stems from a time in my life where my mom went through a faze of putting peas in absolutely everything we ate. So, why do you ask did I find peas in the freezer...I am not sure what would possess me to purchase them. I love fresh local sweet peas but any other type will not do. Tonight we had Taquitos which I usually love but tonight I found something a little odd in one of mine and must admit I have been turned off of them. They really are a rare treat since they are a little expensive. I served them with mashed potato (boiled with skin on) smashed with those icky green peas. I thought if I could mix them in with something I could mask their taste. I made a miso gravy (1 cup water, 1 tbsp miso, 1/2 tsp veg stock powder and 1 tsp arrowroot) to go on top and added some chopped green onions. I have to admit that it tasted pretty tasty this way. I love mashed potatoes with their skins on and a little chunky. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the other half of the bag of frozen peas...

No comments: