Monday, October 20, 2008

Rice Wraps and Smoothies

Trying to incorporate more fruits into my diet and cleaning out the freezer, I decided to go back to having smoothies in the afternoon (just around the time I usually get a craving for a snack). I put fresh pineapple, frozen blueberries and strawberries and unsweetened almond breeze in this one. It really hit the spot and carried me over until supper....
With my last package of veggie shrimps in the fridge and some leftover ham seitan I made these for supper. I also had a rogue purple cabbage that I bought a while back but was not sure what to do with it. I shredded some carrots and the purple cabbage, used arugula and adzuki bean noodles to complete the wraps. Served it with a dipping sauce similar to Veganomicon's but with peanut butter. I love these wraps. Super simple to make, taste nice and fresh and very filling.

No comments: