Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My first Daring Baker Challenge....Pizza

I was lucky enough to be accepted into the Daring Bakers Club and my first challenge was to make a pizza dough and use a tossing method. I have to admit I have made plenty of pizza doughs in the past but none have ever had the elasticity in them to be able to toss in the air. Well everything changed with this dough. It was so pliable and was amazing to work with. Here is what I made for this challenge..


The dough was nice and thick (like I love it) and I added roasted eggplant sauce, veggie "pepperoni", green olives, marinated artichoke hearts, red onion and arugula. I loved it and this will definitely be my new go-to pizza recipe. Next I want to attempt a dessert pizza. I envision a peanut butter sauce base with drizzled chocolate, caramel and nuts.....

1 comment:

Eat4Fun said...

Congratulations on your first DB Challenge!

Very nice looking pizza, especially the artie hearts. :-)