Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lemon Caper Sauce over Baked Tofu


This recipe is defenitely a keeper. Even DH put it in his top 5-10 meals. I loved the taste of this lemon and caper sauce. It was so simple to make. I found the basis for the recipe at Eat, me Delicious. The only changes I made was I did not have any panko crumbs so I dipped them in a cornmeal mixture I had leftover from Southern Fried Tofu strips. I also baked these in the oven instead of pan frying them. As for the sauce I added a roux of earth balance, flour and veggie stock to the end of the sauce so that it would make it more of a gravy. It was divine. I served it up with some lemony potatoes from Veganomicon and some lightly steamed broccoli. A great sauce give it a try! One note is you have to do make it with fresh lemons, nothing else will do. Fresh lemons I say!

No comments: