Sunday, February 3, 2008

SuperBowl Buffalo Tofu


I wanted to get in the spirit of Superbowl so I wanted to make something that people would think about eating during this event. I settled on Buffalo Tofu. I found this whole new section in the supermarket that I had never explored before...hot sauces. I picked up some of Frank's Red Hot Sauce. I used this recipe for the Buffalo Tofu. I also whiped up some ranch dressing to go along with it. Just some homemade "sour cream" made out of silken tofu, canola oil, apple cider vinegar and sugar mixed with a package of vegan ranch dressing. I cut up some carrots and celery and baked some fries to go with it. I thought they turned out great. Although I cooked the tofu a little too long in the oven but I thought they tasted fine a little crispy. Not too spicy...just extremely flavourful!

1 comment:

Holly said...

That looks great! I love crispy tofu. I always cook mine until brown and crispy on the edges.