Friday, June 27, 2008

Sweet and Sour Meatballs, Rice and Asparagus


I remember one of the first foods I made on my own when I moved out was meatballs. This was the sauce I used. It came in a little yellow binder, recipes complied by a lady's group in the little town we live in. Unfortunately I do not know who to give credit to. This sauce brought back tons of memories. It is super simple to make but tastes amazing. I served this sweet and sour sauce over Yves frozen meatballs browned in a little olive oil and chopped onions, brown rice and grilled asparagus.

Sweet and Sour Sauce

1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup organic ketchup
1/4 cup HP sauce (was so thrilled to see this was vegan, another childhood memory)
1/4 cup sucunat

Bring ingredients to boil in a saucepan. Serve over meatballs.


Here are the meatballs simmering away in the pan.


1 comment:

Erin said...

This sounds like a really nice dinner!