Saturday, June 28, 2008

VWAV Pizza

Since I got Veganomicon I have to admit that I have been neglecting Vegan With a Vengeance (VWAV). So, I have decided to revisit it and actually do all of the recipes from cover to end. Let's start tonight, I used Isa's pizza dough but used 1 cup of whole wheat flour instead of all white flour. I topped it with some of her cashew-tofu ricotta. This ricotta is amazing. It is quite creamy with the cashews and perfect on pizzas. I am going to try using it in ravioli next. We topped the rest of the pizza with artichoke hearts, green and black olives (just to be fair), veggie pepperoni, parsley and green onions. It was great. This will definitely be my go to pizza dough recipe from now on. It makes 2 large pizzas so I froze the other half in the freezer for later on in the week. So, 2 recipes down and many, many more to try...
Here is the beautiful dough rising.


No comments: