Saturday, November 29, 2008

November's Daring Bakers Challenge: Caramel Cake

I had lots of fun with this challenge this month. I have to admit that the cake tasted like a little piece of heaven. The caramel on the other hand was a little of a pain in the ass but once you get the hang of it everything turns out fine. This is going to be a cake a make again for Christmas because I know it will blow the socks off of my guests. I also decided that I need to work on my spun sugar skills. Although for making it for the first time ever I think it turned out semi-okay.



This website link for the recipe can be found here. The author of this amazing recipe is Shuna Fish Lydon of Eggbeater. Thank you to the co-hosts Dolores from Culinary Curiosity , Alex from Brownie of the Blondie and Brownie duo, Jenny of Foray into Food, Natalie of Gluten-a-Go-Go for putting together this amazing challenge.

No comments: