Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tofu in Lemon Caper Sauce and Green Beans/Potatoes


I have been meaning to make this meal for a few days now but life got in the way. The poor potatoes have been soaking in water for days! Tonight for supper we had frozen, pressed tofu wedges dredged in a cornmeal batter and topped with Lemon-Caper Sauce which was adapted from Eat, me delicious! I love this sauce it tastes amazing. A perfect combination of tart and salty. On the side I made the green beans and potatoes in maple-mustard sauce from Vegan with a Vengeance. This side dish is always a crowd pleaser. I made it with extra onions which caramelized nicely in the oven.
I also made a loaf of bread using the whole what bun recipe from the Vegan Dad blog. I halved the recipe and it made a perfect loaf of bread.


No comments: