Thursday, May 15, 2008

Baked Stuffed Shells and olive bread



I bought a box of shells a few weeks ago and finally made them tonight. I wish I could fine whole wheat pasta shells but I have never seen them in the stores. These were super easy to make and turned out delicious. I even froze a smaller batch and will see how they hold up when defrosted and baked in the oven.

Baked Stuffed Shells

1 package firm or extra-firm tofu (crumble with your hands)

2 tbsp dried basil and dried parsley (or fresh if you can get it)

1/4 cup nutritional yeast

1 package frozen spinach, thawed and excess water squeezed out

1 tbsp apple cider vinegar

1 1/2 jars of spaghetti sauce

1/2 box of shells, cooked according to directions

Mix all of the ingredients together (except for the shells and sauce). Preheat oven to 375. Lightly spray a 9 by 11 pan and add about 1/2 jar spaghetti sauce to bottom. Stuff the shells by adding about 1 heaping tbsp of the mixture to each one, layer them in the pan. Cover with remaining spaghetti sauce. Cover tightly in foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy


This is what the shells looked like before they were covered in sauce and went into the oven.


I made bread too! I used parts of the dough I made yesterday and incorporated some olives into it. It was great! I love olive bread.



Smoothie of the day. I cheated a little with this one because I added some soy ice cream to it. Rice milk, banana, peanut butter and molasses. It was a great combo.

No comments: