Sunday, May 25, 2008

I am back with Hummus/BabaGanoush Pizza

Sorry I have not posted in a while but it has been somewhat of a crazy week. I made some babaganoush for the first time the other day when my mom pushed some nearly too ripe eggplant on me :). I normally only buy eggplant when I want to use it in a specific recipe so I was not sure what to do with this. I decided to try making babaganoush since I have never had it before and it sounded interesting. I roasted the eggplant for 45 minutes, toasted some pine nuts, ground those in the blender and added some lime juice, tahini and cumin. Not sure I really enjoyed it, maybe I have to find a better recipe or taste what it is really suppose to taste like.
I also had some leftover hummus so I decided to make this pizza. Half hummus, half babaganoush with sliced black olives, red onion and parsley.
I really enjoyed the hummus side but not so much for the babaganoush. Next time I am making a pizza with just the hummus. I served this with a side of green leaf lettuce and some homemade dressing.

No comments: