Monday, May 12, 2008

Sushi, Veggie Pancakes and Puffed Rice Treats


This is what we had for supper tonight in my efforts to clean out the fridge. Used up the rest of the sweet potato, zucchini and asparagus.



I vowed to use at least one item from our cupboards with each meal to help clean things out. I wanted to make these squares which I saw on the blog Yeah, That Vegan Shit. He calls them Chocolate and Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bars. I had some corn syrup in my cupboard and who knows how long it has been there for since I do not remember buying it. I know that corn syrup is horrible but I would feel bad just throwing it away so I made there. I changed the recipe a little, using 3/4 corn syrup and 1/4 maple syrup and I used Nature Path's Organic Brown Rice Puffed cereal and only 1 cup of chocolate chips. They turned out nice. I will definitely make them again but next time with agave or brown rice syrup.

Breakfast Smoothie-raw oats, rice milk, kiwi, banana, figs and blackstrap molasses. I have also vowed to incorporate more blackstrap molasses into my daily eating since it has amazing properties. Good thing my mom taught me to love the taste of this at a young age.

No comments: