Sunday, May 11, 2008

Seitan ham, scalloped potatoes and broccoli

I wanted a nice slow cooked Sunday sit down kind of dinner tonight. I made Bryanna Clark Grogan's seitan ham which turned out beautifully, scalloped potatoes from Veganomicon, steamed broccoli, leftover homemade cranberry sauce and leftover crescent roll. It really hit the spot. I love this seitan recipe, it combines wheat gluten with tofu to make the roast very easy to slice and pulls apart to make bbq sandwiches. I might freeze half of this since it makes such a huge roast.


The seitan ham when it just came out of the oven. It is almost the same size as the cutting board.


The scalloped potatoes. I love this recipe. Very easy to make and the potatoes turned out nice and creamy. Just the right amount of spices.

No comments: