Wednesday, May 14, 2008

BBQ Seitan, Avocado and homemade fries

I ate supper alone tonight and this is what I had. I made myself some homemade fries (russet potatoes, rosemary and garlic) baked in the oven. Then I mixed some of my leftover seitan with my homemade bbq sauce, warmed it up and slapped it on the homemade buns that just came out of the oven. I slathered on about 1/2 of an avocado. Seriously, BBQ sauce and avocado is a match made in heaven. If you have never combined the two try it. I had a salad on the side and this was supper for me.



Simple No-Knead Bread
adapted from Vegan Feast Kitchen

3 1/4 cups warm water (around 100)
1 1/2 tbsp yeast
1 tbsp salt
4 tbsp olive oil
4 cups all purpose flour
2.5 cups whole wheat flour

Add yeast to warm water and let dissolve for about 10 minutes. Wisk in salt and olive oil. Add flours. Let rise in warm place for a few hours or until it doubles in size. At this point you can refrigerate the dough or cut a piece away and bake it. Stays fresh in the fridge for up to 2 weeks

I baked these buns at 450 for 20 minutes.

No comments: