Thursday, May 8, 2008

A full Day of Vegan Eating

For breakfast this morning I had a nice smoothie. I also had some fresh pineapple

Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie
1 cup soy or rice milk
1/2 cup regular oats
5 strawberries, cut in half
3 dried figs, cut in half
1 frozen banana, sliced

Put oats in blender and blend for 1 minute, add rest of ingredients and mix well. This was extremely filling and satisfying. Next time I want to try adding some kale or spinach to make it a green smoothie.


Lunch-leftover chickpea cultet from Veganomicon with ketchup, mustard and salad on rye toast.


Dinner-breaded tofu baked in the oven with lemon caper sauce from one of my previous posts. I took this sauce out of the freezer and was delighted to see that it freezes well. Next time I will make a double batch and freeze some of the leftovers. Served with baked asparagus and whole grain crescent rolls.

For snacks I also had a Nature Valley Peanut Butter bar and a handful of nuts.

So this is what this typical vegan eats in a day.

No comments: