Sunday, March 2, 2008

Oatmeal-Coconut cookies and Rice pudding

I was craving cookies tonight...cookies and coconut so I whipped these together. They turned out great. Chewy and wholesome. Next time I want to add chocolate chips or raisins to them.

Oatmeal-Coconut Cookies
1 cup white flour
3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup organic cane sugar
1/2 cup rice milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups oats
1 cup shredded coconut.

Preheat oven to 375.
Combing dry ingredients together. Whisk oil with sugar, rice milk, lemon juice and vanilla. Add dry to wet ingredients. Use ice cream scoop to measure these onto 3 cookie sheets. 12 cookies per sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, let rest on baking sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack. Makes 3 dozen.



I attempted to make rice pudding but to be honest with everyone it stunk. I threw in one can of lite coconut milk with 3 cups brown rice and added cinnamon and cardamom, raisins and a bit of sugar. It turned out way too dry and not what I was expecting. Back to the drawing board with this one.

No comments: