Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Veggie Sausage and Tofu Scramble

So here was tonight's final dinner. Tofu scramble from Vegan with a Vengeance with sauteed onions and tons of cremini mushrooms, spices, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and freshly made veggie sausage. On the side I made some homemade hash browns that turned out great and reheated very well in a dry frying pan.


I have been wanting to try the veggie sausage recipe that I see floating from blog to blog and finally got some vital wheat gluten so that I could make them. They turned out great and the recipe can be found at the Every Day Dish TV site. You can even watch a video of the sausages being made plus tons of other recipes. So here is the steamer I used for my sausages. I steamed 4 on one rack and 3 on the other.

Finished product cooling on a rack.


Roasted potatoes I made in the oven. Preheat to 450. Dice potatoes, add 1 tbsp olive oil, sea salt, freshly ground pepper and paprika. Toss to coat evenly and then put on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes, flip all of the potatoes and bake for another 20 minutes. These turned out amazing.


No comments: